Kirkland Synthetic Oil

When my local Autozone does their specials for 5 quarts and a filter for whatever price, they don’t care whether I select the monstrous 5 quart bottle or 5 one quart bottles. I usually get the singles!

I’ve done that, too, at Advance.

Costco had a pretty good price on little cases of Mobil-1 quarts (I think 6 quarts) when I was there 2 days ago, but I buy Extended Performance for some darn reason… habit, I guess.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

2 Likes

There is a funny joke just waiting to be told from your post @common_sense_answer

But i will keep this out of the bedroom. For now.

I’m sorry brother… low hanging fruit n all that…

I’m sure it doesn’t have anything to do with Extended Performance, right?

I had a clever reply, even had it typed in, but deleted it. Let’s say I could just use regular ole Mobil-1, eh!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

1 Like

speaking of Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil on sale at costco . . .

It seems the Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic high mileage engine oil does NOT meet Dexos specs

That is a pretty big deal, if you have a recent model GM vehicle

1 Like

What’s the price difference buying in 5 quart containers vs 55 gallon drum? If it was substantial a 55 gallon drum might make sense if there were folks who wanted to share it w/you.

I can try and research it, I think it was less than $3 a quart for synthetic 5w30 as I recall. I am retired now.

That’s a pretty significant savings.

that’s 1.5 years worth of oil for my family fleet

the trouble is: where to store it?

I’m old-fashioned, still using my garage to keep cars :slight_smile:

That sounds like you could squeeze it in somewhere :wink:

something has to give

besides, I’ve transitioned to SuperTech synthetic, which is not that far apart on the price

I’m old-fashioned–like you–but a whole lot of my neighbors use their garages to store junk and God-only-knows what. This–in a neighborhood of homes over 2,500 square feet, with basements and full attics.

Go figure!

2 Likes

Walmart has Conoco Havoline full synthetic you can order online and get shipped to the store free or to home free with a $35 order. It comes in a 6 quart Box for under $20. The 5 qt jugs work good for me. I change it once a year and get a good rebate every time.

I’m pretty sure regular Mobil-1 Synthetic meets the Dexos spec. I’ve never used a High Mileage oil…even when the vehicle has well over 300k miles. And never had an issue.

I hear what you’re saying, but an awful lot of people are “into” high mileage engine oil . . . and if they don’t read the fine print, or lack thereof, they might use an engine oil that doesn’t meet the specs of their common GM vehicle(s)

Don’t get me wrong…I agree with you 100%. It’s great that you reported it. I was just pointing out that it’s funny how one oil from Mobil-1 meets the spec, but the other doesn’t. Seems like Mobil would be working on that.

1 Like