Kind of funny

Having been a vegetarian for 50 years now, I can understand why a person would be sad at seeing truckloads of chickens taken to their violent death. I know I’m in the minority about this, and I accept that, but it’s genuinely unnecessary to laugh at someone who feels that way. I don’t laugh at evangelicals or orthodox people, or even Chevy lovers.

3 Likes

Not laughing, just think you are missing out on one of the wonders of life.

You heard about those three little kids that were lost in the Sam Houston forest overnight. They were wet and cold and hungry when they were found. What did the kids want? Cheeseburgers.

Posted on December 15, 2011

Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, “Fried chicken.”

She said I wasn’t funny, but she couldn’t have been right, because everyone else laughed.

My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favorite animal.

I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA.
He said they love animals very much.

I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal’s office.

I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was.

I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.

She sent me back to the principal’s office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.

I don’t understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn’t like it when I am.

Today, my teacher asked us which famous person we admire the most. I told her, “Colonel Sanders.”

Guess where I am now…

7 Likes

Reminds me of when I was at this training command in the Navy. If There was a group “get together” at one of the Chief’s house. He lived out in the country with a little acreage so he had some Chickens and a couple of Geese.

One of the guests was the Division Officer and his wife. When she saw to geese, she asked whet their names were. The Chief replied “Thanksgiving and Christmas”.

4 Likes

or a separate page just for ads. LOL

After three years making chicken in the restaurant, I have to say chicken is not my favorite. I ran across a youtube on the folks shooting wild hogs in Texas. You might think it is funny. Me, I just want to go down there and help those guys save their crops. It could be a cooperative effort. I’d go down there to help with the hogs and they’d come up here to help with the geese. Trying to get my BILs interested in the venture. I don’t know any farmers in Texas though.

do you know anyone in Florida? they have a hog problem and a snake problem.

Python Elimination Program | South Florida Water Management District (sfwmd.gov)

Florida always had a snake problem. There are four poisonous snakes in the US, and all of them call Florida home. Now they have a large constrictor snake problem. Gators too, and snakeheads.

there are 22 in the US and 6 in Florida. in case anyone was interested.
22 Species of Venomous Snakes in the US (With Pictures) - Wildlife Informer
Venomous Snakes of Florida - Krebs Creek

But there are only 4 groups, if you want to get into subspecies, there are a lot more than 22
Copperheads, Cottonmouths, Rattlesnakes, and Coral snakes.

Rattlesnakes have over 80 subspecies in North America.

1 Like

Well I’ll skip ;the snakes, thanks anyway. (and the gators and other creepy crawly stuff)

Final resting place?

In the diverticula of peoples’ intestines, rotting away.

Do not eat meat.

Get colonoscopies regularly if you do!

1 Like

Now Fiat owners…them I laugh at!

1 Like

My grandmother used to take me to a chicken slaughterhouse in Brooklyn. The building was squat, beige and red, and tremendous with sawdust everywhere. Free-range Brooklynites flying everywhere. What a trip. I don’t know if these places still exist, but it was weird and wonderful.