Key fob not unlocking car?

No, the guy said he wasn’t sure without doing a diagnostic test which would run $125 to diagnose it. Which, if I have to bite the bullet it’s ok, but figured someone might know on here

See Nevada’s comments above then.

Sir would you provide the link to the service bulletin? I couldn’t find it :frowning:

The bulletin is for vehicles sold by Southeast Toyota dealers with the accessory keyless entry kit, those systems come with a key fob, a separate transmitter. Your keyless entry transmitters are in the key handle, you don’t have fobs.

The wireless entry receiver is powered by the “dome” fuse, does your dome light work?

1 Like

Yes the dome light works.

This is the bulletin but I don’t believe it applies to your vehicle;

MC-10116439-9999.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

The wireless door control receiver is located in the right side C-pillar area, P/N 89741-02150, MSRP $550.65.

Toyota parts are very expensive, you might try looking for a used one, if that is what has failed. With the cost of diagnoses, parts and labor, I think you will get used to using the key to unlock the doors.

1 Like

I hear ya, keep thinking the new cars, no manual lift on tailgate etc. are goig to get really expensive for day to day basics in the future. A dark futurist, Mafield Parrish https://media.mutualart.com/Images/2020_05/29/13/135435612/2d01eeb2-1821-47de-9af9-acf19421702a_570.Jpeg