Keep Getting Air in New Clutch

About a year ago, I had an auto repair shop replace my clutch. Since then, I have taken it in 3 or 4 times because air kept getting into the clutch system. The first time this happen, the clutch was no good after about 3 or 4 weeks. I took it back to the repair shop, they couldn’t find anything wrong and so they put fluid in, bled the system, and sent me on my way. I would go in every 3 or 4 weeks. The last time this happened, about 6 months ago, I took it to a different shop and they said the bleeder nut was lose. They bled it and it has worked fine until a couple of days ago.

This may be a clue: I used to live in an area of town were there was a steep hill that I would drive up and then down every once in a while. This was during the period that I would need to take the car back to the shop every few weeks. After I had the clutch was fixed the last time, I moved to a different part of town. Since that move, I have driven on flat roads. A couple of days ago, I took a drive up a steep hill. Later that day, my clutch got air in the system and I had to drive home without a clutch. It seems to me that driving on steep hills may be a clue as to what the problem might be.

Also, after the repair shop installed my new clutch, I got an exhaust link. This may not have anything to do with the clutch working properly, but why would I have an exhaust leak after a new clutch is installed?

Thanks,

John

Replace both the master and slave clutch cylinders and be done with it…One of them is allowing air to get into the system…Releasing the pedal suddenly (like sliding your foot off the pedal) can allow this to happen…Replace the hose that connects the two cylinders too…

The master and slave clutch cylinders were replaced a few months after the clutch was replaced. The problem continued. I took the car in today and they replaced the master cylinder again after deciding that the master cylinder was defective. I’ll find out in a few weeks if this works.