Just what the world didn't need

The new Lamborghini off-road Sports/Grand Touring coupe is–IMO–a mind-bogglingly bizarre concept:

2 Likes

It makes absolutely no since, 275K 610HP dirt demon… I want one… lol

1 Like

Lamborghini borrowed the idea from the guys on the left.

1 Like

I guess we can assume that the car on the left doesn’t have a full-size spare tire. :smirk:

1 Like

That is the Scamborghini a V-8-powered Pontiac Fiero-based Lamborghini Countach kit car… Now with a 6 foot lift…

The show is Faster with Newbern and Cotten , formally Faster with Finnegan, great show…

The Scamborghini was built by all 3 before Finnegan left the show to spend more time with his family, the lifted version was with Newbern and Cotten…

1 Like

Lambo just did this because its Porsche cousin did it first…

Monkey see…Monkey do! :monkey_face: :monkey:

3 Likes

I will wait for an “off road” Corvette.

1 Like

RoadKill cut up a 1985 C4 to see how fast they could get it on the track and eventually modified it to an off road vehicle with big tires…

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=71de3cbd3c0c6ec4&sca_upv=1&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS947US948&sxsrf=ADLYWIKYqhxqlJ9nvvBTQy1eYtoDkdIeLQ:1720885266148&q=roadkill+corvette+kart&udm=2&fbs=AEQNm0AVbySjNxIXoj6bNaq7uSpw-2eW7KIQ8H4T_tEPJYsPzOi5GKsV0RKGmy84LfyUxrl-4_0AusV0IdjeUAdX2KBg7BmnGLOak5d-z-_u-BD5mN13FgBnNWDvju7R9DTlWNidOrJflM1JuVtiWYZDkHFOJzhjFWWukocdFSx3yN5TzfLggWRnI4Aa-8EhEIZUfHR_WMFwmbeNhwTWDi8XltL7qhh3uw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjgtfOXraSHAxVi8ckDHX7iAToQtKgLegQICxAB&biw=1229&bih=556&dpr=1.56

1 Like

An offsite parking facility for cruise ship customers was taking cars out for joy rides. Local TV station, heard about it. Dropped off a nearly new Vette with a tracking device. When the Vette was moving they used their helicopter to tape the car driven by employees including runs down dirt roads.

1 Like

We had a Store Manager that took a customers car, that was dropped off for new tires, out in the back parking lot and got caught (by the customer, it was in a shopping center) doing burnouts in it… He lost his job ASAP (within 2 hours), the customer got the very best (customers choice) new tires and a Lifetime alignment for all their current vehicles at $0.00 cost to them as an apology from the District Manager… Let me tell you something, the DM made an example out of that store…

1 Like

Well, I like the styling. I agree that the basic concept (and price point) are not realistic. Something like the 1980s Honda CRX would be way more useful…a sporty-looking lightweight commuter-type vehicle with a fuel-efficient NA 4-cylinder engine, and front wheel drive.

I have often thought it’s a shame that prestige brands like Lamborghini don’t make a vehicle like that. I’m sure there are plenty of people who would pay up to $100k for the styling and brand, but don’t need outrageous horsepower or the costly maintenance which goes along with owning a high-peformance vehicle. I remember when the Pontiac Fiero was a common car, so there is certainly a market for this type of vehicle.

There was the Porsche 914

So much of a market it only lasted 5 years.

2 Likes

My brother owned a Fiero for a few years. Fun to drive but very impractical with only 2 seats and just about no place to carry anything.

Then GM did what they’re so good at. They added an optional V6 engine (instead of the “Iron Duke” 4 cyl engine) and promptly canceled the car the next year.

2 Likes

Yeah, a Fiero was less practical than, say, a Chevrolet Beretta, Toyota Paseo, Toyota Celica, Honda Civic hatchback, Ford Probe, etc. Still, they were produced and sold in large numbers, and were a relatively common car when I was growing up in the 1980s and 1990s.

I wouldn’t want a Fiero now, but I’d certainly take any of those other models.

I’ll stick to my 4Runner and Tundra. Thank you very much. They have smaller wheels but they don’t fall off.

Definitely seems the better compromise … lol …

Airliners?

Must be boeing… Yet another piece of evidence that corps cannot be trusted.

Actually, the mechanics at United.
For the most part, large, commercial, airliners are manufactured by either Boeing or Airbus. Just Boeing came under a microscope after problems with the stretched 737, the door plug came off in flight, and teething issues with the Dreamliner. Airbus aircraft also have mechanical, human induced, problems.

2 Likes