Jerking 2017 Subaru Forester

My car jerks when it is accelerating from a hard stop. It also periodically jerks when accelerating in traffic.
Dealership attributes it to normal CVT operation. Is that a reasonable explanation

You tell me if this is normal for your car.

Did it just start doing this? Have you owned this since new? Or is this a used car you just bought? How many miles on it? Have you have the CVT fluid changed? Is it still under warranty?

CVTs require fluid change service more than a regular automatic. If you haven’t done the service it might be your new “normal” signalling eventual failure. Post back with answers and we’ll try and help.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am the original owner. It has 35,000 miles on it. Just got the 30,000 miles warranty performed and all the fluids were replaced. Hopefully that will address the issue.

what does 30k mile warranty performed mean? do you mean 30k service? changing fluids is not a warranty repair. does your manual say to change trans fluid at 30k? or only check it?

Go the the same dealer used car sales department, ask for similar Forrester, test-drive it.
I’m 100% sure it will not jerk.
Show it to them.
Ask why they claim it is normal.

1 Like