Izuzu rodeo

I HAVE A 1994 V6 RODEO. I REMOVED THE TIMING BELT TO REPLACE WATER PUMP AND NOW THE MARKS I MADE ON THE BELT WONT LINE UP. I HAVE READ THE HAYNES MANUAL AND AM STILL UNCLEAR AS TO WHAT TO. I DID NOT HAVE THE MANUAL AT THE TIME I REMOVED THE BELT SO I DID NOT KNOW TO SET THE CRANKSHAFT POSITIONS BEFORE REMOVING THE BELT. FIRST QUESTION IS WHY IF I DID NOT MOVE THE CAMSHAFTS WHY ISN’T THE BELT LINING BACK UP? (I DID NOT REMOVE THE SPARK PLUGS BEFORE PULLING THE BELT: MAYBE PRESSURE STILL IN CYLINDERS MOVED IT?) SECOND QUESTION IS HOW DO I FIX THIS? I AM ALSO NOT REAL SURE ABOUT THE TIMING MARKS ON THE CAMS, I HAVE A LINE WITH GREEN PAINT ON IT. IS THIS THE TIMING MARK?

Align the groove on the crankshaft timing pulley with the mark on the oil pump.

Align the marks on the camshaft timing pulleys with the dots on the front plate.

Install the timing belt. Align the dotted marks on the timing belt with the mark on the crankshaft gear.

Align the white line on the timing belt with the alignment mark on the right bank camshaft pulley. Secure the belt with a double clip.

Turn the crankshaft counter-clockwise to remove the slack between the crankshaft pulley and the right bank camshaft pulley.

Install the belt on the water pump.

Install the belt on the idler pulley.

Align the white alignment mark on the timing belt with the alignment mark for left bank camshaft timing pulley.

Install the crankshaft pulley and install the center bolt hand tight. Turn the crankshaft pulley clockwise to provide slack between the crankshaft timing pulley and the right bank camshaft timing pulley.

Install the pusher while pushing the tension pulley to the belt.

Pull the pin out from the pusher.

Remove the double clips from the pulleys. Turn the crankshft pulley clockwise two turns. Measure the rod protrusion to be sure it is between 0.16-0.24 inches.

Tighten adjusting bolt to 31 ft-lbs.

Tester

You really need to put new belt on while it is tore apart