Izuzu rodeo

I HAVE A 1994 V6 RODEO. I REMOVED THE TIMING BELT TO REPLACE WATER PUMP AND NOW THE MARKS I MADE ON THE BELT WONT LINE UP. I HAVE READ THE HAYNES MANUAL AND AM STILL UNCLEAR AS TO WHAT TO. I DID NOT HAVE THE MANUAL AT THE TIME I REMOVED THE BELT SO I DID NOT KNOW TO SET THE CRANKSHAFT POSITIONS BEFORE REMOVING THE BELT. FIRST QUESTION IS WHY IF I DID NOT MOVE THE CAMSHAFTS WHY ISN’T THE BELT LINING BACK UP? (I DID NOT REMOVE THE SPARK PLUGS BEFORE PULLING THE BELT: MAYBE PRESSURE STILL IN CYLINDERS MOVED IT?) SECOND QUESTION IS HOW DO I FIX THIS? I AM ALSO NOT REAL SURE ABOUT THE TIMING MARKS ON THE CAMS, I HAVE A LINE WITH GREEN PAINT ON IT. IS THIS THE TIMING MARK?

sounds like you will have to do a basic aligning. That is what needs to be done when a motor is totally rebuilt. Look into your Haynes manuel to find out which cylinder is #1, and which mark on the harmonic balancer indicates “TDC” (Top Dead Center) while that #1 cylinder is at the top of it’s compression stroke. They used to call this static timing, I don’t know what they call it now. Then, there should be indentations on the timing gears (Probably not paint marks because they would ware off)to line up. The position of the timing marks are different per car: some manufactures have them both pointing down, another has them both pointing exactly 12 o’clock position - the Haynes manuel will tell you.
Honestly, get rid of the Rodeo. Izusu has discontinued, or should I say abandoned some makes of their vehicles because of the expense to supply parts to America. I know someone who has to have a total engine replacement because his Rodeo overheated. It was two years ago and he is still trying to find the appropriate replacement engine for his type of Rodeo. Can’t even find it at places like Pep Boys. Then, once he gets the engine, it has to be replaced by the dealer because Izusu has all the patents to their clutch adjusting and aligning tools and wont release the patent to tool makers. Trade it in before you have no trade in value.

Honestly, get rid of the Rodeo. Izusu has discontinued, or should I say abandoned some makes of their vehicles because of the expense to supply parts to America. I know someone who has to have a total engine replacement because his Rodeo overheated.

The ONLY engine problems I’ve heard about with Isuzu engines were when GM engines were put in them…like the 2.8l V6.

Your assessment of parts is way off IMHO and has no bearing on Isuzu on pulling out of consumer market. They continue to supply quality commercial trucks and parts. So there is no stoppage in their parts network. Also Honda will continue to supply parts likely also as they have two rebadges of Isuzu in the Trooper/Acura SLX and the Rodeo/Honda Passport.

They are stopping due to the lack of any consumer sales, eg <15k vehicles sold last year between SUV and trucks which are all rebaged GM’s.