Issue with this week's podcast?

Hi guys,

Is anyone else having a problem downloading this past weekend’s podcast episode? The link takes me to the show’s page on the website rather than downloading it directly. I’ve tried 2 different podcast clients for Android, but I don’t have iTunes. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Yes. Can’t get it on iTunes, nor via the Cartalk Android App. When I try to play the show on my mobile browser, it says “the page isn’t redirecting properly – Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete”.

Hello - I looked into it for you, and there is a known issue with the podcast that folks are trying to fix. It’s expected to be resolved by tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

No problem; thanks for the update!

You can get it from the NPR podcast link ok. From the main Car Talk page, click on “more show stuff”, then “show podcast free”, then “npr podcast directory”, then “download mp3”. That will download a good mp3 file of the most recent show.

You can see what the problem is if you click on that little orange “pod” link. The current show isn’t correctly listed. The mp3 file link is missing. But you can still download it from the prior page as described above.

Got it, thanks! I didn’t know they had that directory on the website… I’ll be bookmarking that.