Is This OK?

Took car to dealership for new wiper fluid valve. I broke it getting ice off my windshield. Also, the TMPS light came on and I wanted it looked at. I was in the dealership for 1 3/4 hours when they told me they’d have to order the valve and the TMPS regulator was cracked. They said it probably cracked when I had snow tires put on, but because they didn’t do the tires at the dealership, the piece isn’t guaranteed under the warranty. Is it OK that I was there for so long and left with my car in the same condition as I brought it in and that they won’t cover the cracked piece??

It’s OK with me. Is it OK with you?
Did you have an appointment , or just show up, and did they know in advance you would be waiting with the car? Seems reasonable that they would not cover the TPMS sensor if someone else broke it.

Yes, I had an appointment and yes, they knew I would be waiting with the car. How does one know the tire people broke the sensor? I had the tires put on 2 or 3 weeks before the sensor went off.

I had the tires put on 2 or 3 weeks before the sensor went off.
I think that’s a reasonable indication that they probably did [break them].

OK. Thanks for your help.

Is it OK that I was there for so long and left with my car in the same condition as I brought it in and that they won’t cover the cracked piece??

Yes it is ok since they need to order the valve. They cannot stock every part and this one may not be a very popular part. Why did they not have it already on order? They cannot know you needed one until they inspect the car.

If the tpms was broken by the tire installers then it is a broken part and not a defective part. You cannot expect Honda to pay for this.

This has nothing to do with length of wait or an appointment kept.

No one has asked the most important question. How much money are we talking about here?

I think we know the answer to that when it comes to dealers

Not only are both of the issues you raised okay, but it would also be legitimate for them to charge you for the shop time they spent diagnosing the problems.