2019 Toyota Prius Plug-in - Console cracked

interior console cracked for no apparent reason

Time to go to the dealer for warranty repair.

5 Likes

Yup!
Time for a free repair, under the terms of the 3 year “bumper-to-bumper” warranty. Just allow sufficient time for the dealership to get the part, as things like this are not kept in stock in the parts department.

1 Like

If they can see it was impact damage , it would not be covered by warranty.

1 Like

But it cracked for “no apparent reason” :wink: :shushing_face:

Stuff breaks. You could spend all day trying to figure out why, or you could spend an hour setting up a warranty replacement with the dealer.

1 Like

+1
I had an experience with my '86 Taurus, after the warranty had expired, that is–sort of–relevant.

It was an extremely cold morning, and the heater hadn’t even started to blow hot air. I had to drive through a freshly-dug excavation for road repair, and simultaneously the plastic trim strips above both of the front side windows cracked–in the same place. Very weird! Apparently, this was a perfect storm of defective design, coupled with brittleness from the extreme cold, coupled with the road shock from that excavation.

Even though the warranty had expired almost a year previously, I filed a complaint with Ford at the corporate level. The final settlement was that they would pay for the parts & labor if I would pay for the paint. I agreed, and paid a relatively low price for this out-of-warranty repair on a plastic part.

If I did that well, post-warranty–I think that the OP should prevail with a similar claim during the warranty period… as long as Toyota is unable to prove that the damage was as a result of impact from a hard object.

1 Like