Is this a fuel line leak? It's definitely gas dripping (video) (pics)

Appears to be leaking gas above the green lines. I just want to make sure it’s a line and not something like a filler neck seeping through.

How much generally would a repair cost for something like this? 04 kia amanti

Video: https://youtu.be/t3mEupRGwp4

Cost , 1.00 to 10000.00 . Seriously , you don’t even know what the real problem is so how would someone who can’t see the vehicle in person know. If you can’t fix this then you need a shop before you have a car fire . I would advise having it taken to a shop by a wrecker service .

1 Like

@VOLVO-V70 I just found out today and I’m scheduled tomorrow to look at it. Based in the video it’s leaking fuel from one of the lines at the clamp. I was just wondering based on that how much it might be

This kind of problem would be cheaper if you took it to an independent garage.

That’s all I only do @oldnotdeadyet

Gas line replacement is about $600 for a Chevy Cobalt. Expect the cost to be similar for your Kia.

The video won’t play for me, I only see the still picture4 and I don’t see a drip or a clamp. You obviously live someplace with no rust. Fuel line leaks are common in the rust belt but I see no reason tho replace the whole line. I would just cut out a small section that contains the leak and replace with a short section of high pressure neoprene fuel line and double high pressure clamps. If tou use 2 high pressure clamps on each side, you don’t have to flare the line.

@oldtimer-11 the video is the link below the picture. You still think so?

Thanks, I as able to see the video, but I could not see exactly where it was leaking from, just where it was dripping from. I would take the clamp off and slightly lower and separate the lines until I could see the leak source. Then I would proceed as I described earlier. One caveat, I would look up the fuel pressure ofr your car and make sure4 the flexible line you buy is rated for at least that much.

UPDATE: I guess he had to run a new line half way through and it costed 205$. Does this sound reasonable? Here’s the receipt

He did not have any compression fittings in stock he said

@oldtimer-11 @jtsanders

What does it matter ? It had to be repaired . Maybe another shop might have been cheaper or higher .

“what does it matter”… maybe because I don’t wanna be ripped off? Yes, it needed repair but my question was to make sure I wasn’t over priced. Is that not a reasonable question to ask??

It looks pretty reasonable to me.

1 Like

@NYBo thank you alot. Just don’t wanna be taken for a run

The price doesn’t look reasonable to me, but then I’m not looking at the car or seeing what needed to be repaired. At the shop where I work if we were running new fuel line halfway through the car the labor would probably have been twice what you paid. Looks like you got off pretty cheap.

3 Likes

It’s reasonable to ask before the work is done. Now, there’s not much you could do, right? So why worry about it? This was a safety-related, gotta get it done NOW kind of repair. Not the kind to bargain shop.

Price looks fine to me, anyway.

1 Like

Drive on, and go back to that shop. You got a reasonable price for a needed repair.

3 Likes

Looks like they did only what was necessary, which was nice because some shops would see any fuel leak and push replacing the entire line (big bucks).

Buy them a box of brownies

3 Likes