Is there a LAW mandating working tire pressure sensors?

Good point. Had you been on an interstate, the warning light could have given you the time to find a safe place to pull over or been forced to stop in a life-threatening place.

TPMS also alarms for pressure too high, at least some of them do.

I STRONGLY suspect those states that state “Yes” have vehicle safety inspections

Yes or no

I found a ford tpms bypass on ebay
 Worked a treat

When ever I hire someone I do a digital background check of their College and even high-school records. Never had a situation where I had to get a Fax.

You can scan a document into a PDF file and then send the PDF file through E-Mail. Almost all newer Fax machines that I’ve seen have a scanning ability.

Well, all I can say is that you are very lucky to have not dealt with the many school systems that are so starved for funding that their e-capabilities are stuck somewhere around the 1980s.
:unamused:

High speed internet is not yet readily available all over the country either. Phone lines are.

1 Like

High School records?! Geez, when my guidance counselor told me that my “C” grade in Phys Ed could later bite me in the butt, I didn’t take her seriously. Shows what I knew!

Not all, Virginia is no for the tpms but yes to safety inspection. But then again VA also has weird exceptions to the inspections. For example those large off road lights. If they are present they must work, but if they are covered at the time of inspection they are not subject to inspection. Driving lights must only be operable with the high beams and fog light only with the low beams. But again, if they are covered at the time of inspection, they are not subject to said inspection. There is a bunch of other stupid crap :poop: but I think you get the gist of it.

What about if you bring a truck with work lights . . . ?

Those are typically wired independent of the headlights

I guess you cover them up and get your sticker . . . ?

Not sure on those, sorry :frowning:

In defense of TPM lights, I had the light go on when the weather got cold back in December. I checked the tire pressure and all the tires were under the called for psi by about 5 psi except for the right rear that was even lower by a couple of pounds. I pumped up all the tires to the required psi and monitored the pressure and saw no change. Then, a week before we were to leave for each 750 mile round trip a week ago, the TPM light came on. I checked and the right rear was about 7 psi below specs. I inflated the tire and took the minivan to my independent tire store. They found a small nail in the tire and repaired it. This may have saved me from some grief on the interstate. Since I had purchased​ the tires from this dealer, the repair was free.

I used www.tpmsbypass.com it worked great and only about $50

So you’ll be bypassing a safety feature

And you’ll forget all about it, and assume everything’s fine, yet you’ve picked up a few nails, and your tire pressure will be dangerously low

Maybe overstating a bit? :wink: I don’t think low tire pressure was considered a very important traffic safety problem before tire pressure monitors became standard. Drunk driving, bad brakes, cracked windshields, yes, But not low tire pressure. Not to say low tire pressure couldn’t result in a crash that would kill someone but running over road debris at freeway speed could also.

NY has safety and emissions inspections and inspects the TPMs and informs the owner if it is not working but does not fail the car.

Remember these . . . ?

:

1 Like

@cdaquila - I do believe this is the second time user Halopets has posted a link that may be spam .

I see halopets has two posts, both seem to be in this thread. The other one from a month ago doesn’t have a link. Did I miss something?