Is there a LAW mandating working tire pressure sensors?

@cdaquila I seem to remember the one a month ago had a link to the same bypass seller.

When I bought my Mexican Sienna, the highly competent bank accountant in Texas was on vacation and his sub was not highly competent. He stubbornly insisted I send the forms which included my account numbers by e-mail.

And, when Banamex USA was shut down by the feds for laundering money, the FDIC also insisted I send my bank account numbers by e-mail.

My guess is they never heard of sniffers.

I guess I got lucky. Many months have passed and no accounts hacked

I never realized you needed an account for TPMā€™s.

It varies from state to state. Our state makes it mandatory for the dealer to sell cars with working tire pressure monitors but not mandatory for the owner to keep them up. Check it out with your state inspection requirements. If it isnā€™t part of the inspection process, you can just live with the yellow light on all the time.

Since you brought it up again, I miss my TPMS and its only been a few hours. Drove to the post office yesterday and the light came on. Checked pressure and was OK so went to the tire shop. Rematched them and all were giving a signal. Until this afternoon when the light came on again. So gotta wait till Tuesday after the New Years to get a new sensor put it. It just really is nice to see the tire pressures at any time with the push of a button. Especially when even the garage is cold and the floor wet with snow runoff.

Just fix the system, or do you not fix your smoke detectors too?

1 Like