Invisible, inaudible turn indicators

Well stated. That had to be the most expensive (to buy and to own) tiny urban bumper car ever made. It’s reality was the exact opposite of it’s looks. When I first read its cost and its specs, my first thought was “that can’t be right. Why would anybody pay that much money for a car with that little functionality and that high a cost of ownership?” I guess P.T. Barnum was proven correct once again.

The Smart car fad peaked about 6 years ago in my area, I used to see at least half a dozen on the road each day, now I might see 3 a week.

As far as the economics of these cars not everyone seeks the cheapest products they can find. Some people buy vehicles, clothes, meals, etc that they want and can enjoy. During the summer months I see those 3 wheeled Polaris Slingshots that cost up to $31,000 driving around. These people are wasting the money that they could be saving for their burial plot.

1 Like

One reason to buy a Smart Car:SmartCar

… as opposed to the 500 or so reasons to NOT buy one…
:rofl:

1 Like

Only reason to buy a Smart Car. Edited that for you, you’re welcome. :rofl:

1 Like

Many Massachusetts drivers use the bumpers of the vehicles in front of and behind them to judge when they’ve gone as far forward and backward as possible during parallel parking. I once sat in a brand new van of mine while a Mass. woman did exactly that. I got out after she hit my new van for the third time and asked her “what do you think you’re doing?” She simply gave me the finger and told me to “f____ off”.

I would not try to use a Smart car in the manner pictured.
I still maintain that the Smart car is misnamed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Back up until you hear glass :wink:

2 Likes