Intermittent problems on a 2000 Nissan Maxima

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima with 127,000 miles and I’m having problems with electrical intermittent problems when I stop at stop lights. I’ve replaced the following parts and I’m still having problems: battery, cam shaft sensor, 6 spark plugs, 6 coils. The cars stops at some stop lights and is difficult to restart. The problem is intermittent. Any ideas of other parts that I should check to see what the problem could be?

Today the car was driven about 3 miles, I went into a store, and came back out and the car started fine, but when I drove the car to the end of the parking lot, the car shut off completely and it took 4-5 tries to restart the car. Then at noon today the car was driven about 10 miles and I stopped at a stop light and the car sat idling fine for about 30 seconds and then shutoff completely. The car retarted and then shutoff again while sitting at the same stop light.

I need to keep this car for a couple more years and I need to figure out what the problem could be before spending more $. I’ve spent over $1,500.00 on the car parts and labor over the last month.

Any ideas what I should check next? I need your help really, really bad.

Thank you!!

Why were all of those parts replaced? Were they, perhaps, in response to codes found from a check engine light? Is the check engine light on? If so have the codes been read? What were they? If the light is on but the codes haven’t been read or you don’t know what they were many auto parts chain stores will read them for free. Have them read, write down the exact codes (format P0123) and post them.

As an aside, have you ever tried to keep it running by giving it throttle?

You need to check to see if the plugs are getting spark when the trouble happens. If you have spark then a fuel problem would be suspected.