Instrumental beyween first and second half of show

Hi folks,

Short version: what is name of the song played between the first and second “halves” of the show?

Slightly longer version: On my NPR station (WRNI in Rhode Island) there is an instrumental played between the first and second halves of Car Talk. It begins with a bass which is joined by a guitar. I have searched the web and the Car Talk site but can’t find it (I may be an incompetent searcher). It is NOT “Dawgy Mountain Breakdown”, “Dixie Flyer” or “Plastic Banana”. I guess it is part of the national show (it’s played every week), but perhaps it’s from the local station. I wrote my local NPR station, but they did not reply.

Thanks!

I’ve missed this song. It was on the podcast for this week.

You revived a 9 year old thread for that ! Good Grief

2 Likes

I started a topic and it suggested other topics.

1 Like

Well I’m 9 years late but was it “Orange Blossom Special/”

We can cross that one off the list … lol

This is the second week this has happened. I think it’s just my NPR station, but at the same time during “Wait! Wait!” which airs in the former slot, this music plays while the man talks.

Would it not be simpler to call your station for a real answer. No one here has any idea what station you listen to.

I thought maybe others would say it has happened to them on their station. I doubt the station will respond because they haven’t lately when I tried asking about the music during breaks. However it happened, I’m just glad to hear it.