Initialization procedure 2008 Nissan Maxima

Anybody here know the Body Control Module initialization procedure for a 2008 Nissan Maxima? I’m trying to reset the mirror controls.

From what I can tell, it’s not in the BCM. There’s a separate memory module for that purpose-

Lots of people reporting problems with mirrors pointing down and not going back to the programmed position etc.
What problem are you experiencing?

Thanks a million TT.
Now I know to ask the dealer service window guy if there’s a way to reprogram it… and if not, I know what needs changing! And I know where to get one! You got me 90% of the way there.
TSM

The problem is that whenever my friend starts the car, the mirrors tuck into the “shipping” position. She can manually push them back out, but they do it again the next time she starts the engine. Interestingly, I’m unable to anything on the WWW that even suggests that they can do this.

I found a number of people complaining about that kind of behavior on various forums. Some hints about what to check but not many solutions. Try searching on MAXIMA MIRROR MEMORY RESET and such like. If you want I could see if I can retrace those steps. Do they work normally otherwise?

That’s an excellent question to which I don’t yet have an answer. But I’m gonna check.
I might even take a drive to the Nissan dealer tomorrow and see if they can add any information.

Sincere thanks for the offer, but you’ve already been a great help. I can take it from here. It’ll probably be a few days at best, but I’ll let everyone know how I make out.

I appreciate all you do, remembering one car, you had to program in the settings, 2 drivers as I recall if you did not it would default to the factory standards, mirror, seat position and steering wheel tilt were programmable, if not in the manual please I Gore (ignore my post) me!