In sunny South Florida, some fame and a $50,000 donation is all it takes to get out of a DUI

Well, the verdict is out, and Justin Bieber won’t be serving any time for drag racing and driving under the influence.

Reuters
2:45 p.m. EDT, August 13, 2014

MIAMI, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Pop star Justin Bieber pleaded
guilty in absentia on Wednesday to lesser charges to resolve a
criminal case brought against him after police say he was caught
drag racing on Miami Beach in January.

The agreement with prosecutors requires the Canadian singer
to attend a 12-hour anger-management class, watch online videos

about tragic drunken driving cases and donate $50,000 to a
children’s charity.

As part of the deal, Bieber, 20, pleaded guilty to careless
driving and resisting an officer without violence. In return,
the state dropped a driving under the influence charge.

(Reporting by Zachary Fagenson; Writing by David Adams; Editing
by Sandra Maler)

Copyright © 2014, Reuters

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/sns-rt-people-justinbieber--urgent-20140813,0,5044103.story

A $50,000 tax deductible fine/contribution for Justin Bieber is like a $6 fine for me.
Now he’s sentenced to TWO anger management courses. I’ll bet that ticks him off.
Question: if he violates either of his paroles, can we ship him back to Canada? Do they have to take him?

When I lived in FL there was a mandatory jail term for even the first DUI. Guess it must have changed. Affluenza strikes again.

“can we ship him back to Canada? Do they have to take him?”

Why would they want him?

This episode brings to mind one of the lines from Animal Farm, by George Orwell.
IIRC, the line from that book was…All of the animals were created equal, but some are more equal than others.

Who couldn’t see this one coming?

Even worse than skating almost Scot free and taking a tax write-off is the fact that the little weenie feels no remorse and flat doesn’t care about that incident or any future incident.

Hopefully any future incident won’t have the same results as the one involving motorcycle builder Billy Lane down in Florida. Some may remember Lane as the dreadlocked bike builder on the Biker Build Off TV show.
I’m sure the dead guys family remembers Lane very well and Lane also got off pretty easy considering the circumstances.

Maybe a class in maturity would be better and test him for STDs too. Sounds like he’s a walking crab factory and maybe should be quaranteend.

Mississippi is in last place in most comparisons of states but our governor put us at the top of the list for pardoning convicted felons. Could it be that 200 were set free to make a smoke screen for Irby and Favre?

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=9636

Of course Favre’s brother is well known across the country while the Irby lady is from a wealthy family that threw a great deal of $upport to Governor Barbour.

And just recently a state representative had been implicated in a fraud scheme with his father and all charges have been quietly dropped. Imagine that.

Barbour always came across as a weasel to me anyway. Note these clowns always do this kind of thing when they’re on the way out the door.

http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2012/oct/25/jesse-ventura/jesse-ventura-says-convicted-congressmen-senators-/ There’s 21 congressmen and senators that have been convicted of felonies that still get their retirement, even in jail. They don’t have to wait until they’re 65." Like George Carlin said, progress is the opposite of congress. Now how to tie in a car fact… Oh yeah park in the driveway and drive in the parkway!

Wow @Barky… You were speaking of George Car lin. That’s good enough in my book.

I really do hate outright closing discussions, and since you mention George Carlin…isn’t he the one who said, Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

I’ll bring it back. Bill Janklow, South Dakota Congressman and Gov had a habit of driving his Lincoln 80-90 MPH regardless of the roads. Ran a stop sign and hit a cycle and killed the guy. I do I do believe he served a little time like a year but it was a clear case of manslaughter. To make everyone feel better though, most South Dakotans I knew thought he should get ten years hard time.

$50,000 has a way of making problems go away…That’s just the up front money, the visible part…You can assume another $50K got spent where you can’t see it…

Sounds like a great plan to me. What if every drunk driver had to donate $50,000 to feed, clothe, and educate children? Think of the difference that would make.

deleted

deleted

What do you think non-celebrities get sentenced to for a first dui? This is confused a bit by the other charges, and they eventually dropped the dui charge. So he was actually pleading guilty to careless driving and resisting an officer without violence. If he weren’t a rich celebrity he’d probably get the anger management class and some hours of public service (cleaning along freeways). Very few of the people I know have served jail time for a first dui.

That is true, @MarkM, but it gets put on their records so it will be known if they become repeat offenders.

I’ve heard that 50k can make a lot of legal troubles go away-Kevin

I personally believe that at the very least, a week or so in the county lockup should have been required of Bieber. Scare a little respect into the idiot by putting him in the general population. Problem is, if anything happens to the little twerp, the county has a massive lawsuit on its hands from a guy who can afford very good lawyers.

To swing it back to the car side, let The Bieb donate a few of his high powered supercars to the undercover division ala Miami Vice as a penalty rather than cash. They cost more than 50K, it would send a better message.