If you're in the market for a car

…this one just might be available!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-03/is-this-the-most-valuable-car-in-the-world?cmpid=BBD050317_BIZ&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=170503&utm_campaign=bloombergdaily

:relaxed:

Ehh, maybe if it were red…

Yeah, the color is not really attractive.
I wouldn’t spend more than…maybe…$200k for a car that was painted taxi yellow.
:wink:

I’d rather drive my Corolla & keep the $100 M in the bank to fund starter rebuilds … lol …

Somehow, I never thought I’d see the phrase “flea-market magnate” in print…

;-]

Yeah, I puzzled over that one also.
:confused:

I’m sure he paid a lot less than $400,000 (2006 price) several decades ago when he bought it, and he raced. Besides, that $100,000,000 price is full of hot air as the auction company wants to make it appear to be more valuable in the hopes that two or three bidders actually will bid it up to that level.

Sorry dude, but a Shelby Cobra is worth way more. :slight_smile:

The gto’s go for $20-25 mill. I am betting it will be under $30m. U have to go by recent history of similar cars. Not many race history 50-60’s ferraris go to auction so the sample size small.

Only if it is one of the 4-door models!
:wink:

No @andrew_kennedy7, a Shelby Cobra is not worth more. Your basic '65 427 Cobra is worth $1.5 million. The SuperSnake version (Shelby’s own car) last sold in 2007 for $5.5 million and the extra special rare Shelby Daytona Coupe (only 6 made) is worth on average $23 Million.

This isn’t even close to the last mega-dollar Ferrari, the 1962 250 GTO sold at auction in 2014 for $38.1 million.

if someone wanted to give me one of these, I would not turn it down. Yellow or not.

hint, hint, nudge, nudge…

1 Like

No @andrew_kennedy7, a Shelby Cobra is not worth more. Your basic '65 427 Cobra is worth $1.5 million. The SuperSnake version (Shelby’s own car) last sold in 2007 for $5.5 million and the extra special rare Shelby Daytona Coupe (only 6 made) is worth on average $23 Million.

This isn’t even close to the last mega-dollar Ferrari, the 1962 250 GTO sold at auction in 2014 for $38.1 million.

I was joking. But I personally think the Shelby Cobra is better looking.

I don’t remember the model, but my dad brought one home when he worked at Ford.

He taught their mechanics.

That much for a car? remember a friends GTO, His dad bought it for him and his dad regretted it, too much power for a teenager, but we enjoyed it!

We definitely agree on THAT!

A Ferrari GTO and a Pontiac GTO are very different cars. I bet your friend had the latter.

You are right,

Today I saw a blue Shelby GT500 Convertible.

428 engine and car was in mint condition.

Don’t know what year it was.