If you could have a working life-size model of any toy car, what would it be?

I fibbed a little, the actual toy version I have, still debating to order a black body for it:

Tonka dump truck

2 Likes

I had quite a few M.A.S.K. vehicles growing up (I was more a Transformers/G.I. Joe guy). The Buzzard was one of the last ones they did. Coincided with the toned down 2nd season of the cartoon show IIRC.

Stanley Steamer

1 Like

Not sure what the above post says.

I want this, not the model…

It is about trying to post a jpeg then the wonderland of impossible googbledy gook.

The GENERAL LEE although at my age it would have to have working doors. :laughing:

2 Likes

Our generation was kind of the last hurrah for good vehicle-based transforming toys. Shortly after I lost interest in such things, Transformers decided Optimus Prime was no longer a semi, but instead was some sort of gorilla. I suspect even 7-year-old me would have found that too stupid to play with. :wink:

I’ll take Captain Scarlet’s SPV (Security Pursuit Vehicle) with the rocket launcher. Just the thing for driving on the Schuylkill Expressway.IMG_0871

Ed B.

1 Like

Mater_(Cars)

5 Likes

Not car related, but in 1976 my girlfriend (soon wife) went shopping at the mall in OK City before Xmas. She came home with a gift wrapped present for my birthday. Apparently some guy in a kiosk was hand making glass items and she described a chopper motorcycle I had owned earlier. An hour later she picked the bike up. It’s about 8 inches long and extremely delicate. He even added the clutch/brake handles to it which would snap if breathed on. It’s managed to survive for 45 years without damage.
It’s kind of a reverse situation since the “toy” followed the real motorcycle…
As for a real working car; a Bugatti Chiron, Veyron, or Divo. Not picky; just want to be the fastest dog on the block.

2 Likes