“ICEing” by any other name?

I guess some folk missed the reference in the Title of this posting, “ICEing” by any other name… Yeah, it’s technically not ICEing, that’s why I wrote “by any other name…” Rude, Offensive, Inconsiderate, Bullying, Carelessness, Uncouth, and a whole bunch of more explicate names… Like the person in the idling car, blocking the sidewalk, in a fire lane no less…

The purpose of this posting was to give all a chance to tell and share their experiences… So, in spite of the naysayers, I’ve got another “ICEing by a different name…”

Our local library is across the street from a YMCA, the Y has plenty of parking, but when you drive all the way to the Y to exercise, why would you want to park all the way out back and have to walk all the way around the building? Not many do…

So what are these Y’ers doing, they pull into the libraries parking lot because it’s closer to the front door than having to walk all the way around the YMCS’s building…

Also, we have the folks with a gaggle of kids that they do not want to go to the Y with and have to watch them, so what to do with the kids? You take them to the library, dump them there, and let the library staff babysit their kids while they get some “well deserved me time…” So, they pull into the library parking lot, dump the kids at the library and trot over to the Y…

One final point, the library has two FREE charging stations. I’m at the library several times a week as I volunteer there and I often see EVs pulled up into the charging stations, but the EVs are not plugged in, the owners merely use them as private parking spaces… Virginia law is vague about this, as it is only a violation if you park a vehicle not capable of receiving an electric charge in a parking space clearly marked as reserved for charging electric vehicles. The law does not dictate that the EV has to actually use the charging station…

What do you call that?