I hit my car today. Please help

Hello,

I am very new with car and today, I hit my car inside a very tight car park with the curb. I had attached a photo. I know that the insurance wouldn’t cover up the bill because the maintenance/repair cost would be lower than my excess. I tried to search for help with a keyword Bumper which I find referring to another parts, I do not know the name of the plastic underneath the bumper and I couldn’t find how to repair it and the cost of repair it. Please kindly give me advice

try going to a few body shops and get an estimate for the repair. if we don’t know the year and model of your toyota we won’t even be able to tell you the cost of the part.

1 Like

and it is a bumper cover. the actual bumper is behind the plastic.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Mine is Toyota Yaris 2015. Should I search rear bumper cover online to look for repair kit?

The rear bumper cover is $230.00 and must be painted the color of the car.
This will cost more than $500.

By the time you buy a bumper cover and have it painted you will spend as much as a body shop will charge . They might even be able to repair the one you have.

By excess you mean your deductable ?

This bumper guard is worth $120 and can be replaced in under 10 minutes. Its held by clips according to part #16 of the diagram.
bumpercover yaris

6 Likes

7 year old car, minor damage, leave it and drive on.

6 Likes

Exactly. Your car is a tool that you use to get places. You live in a world with other cars, other people and unlimited opportunities to make mistakes. You have barely damaged your car in a way which will have no effect on its usefulness or its operation. The most effective thing you can do is learn not to do it again.

2 Likes

If it was mine and I was worried about it, I’d go to the auto parts store and buy a can of black bumper coater, mask the blue off and paint it for $25

3 Likes

@Amychan0708_179178, are you willing to work on it yourself or have a friend do it? If so, replacing the bumper guard as suggested by @COROLLAGUY1 is probably your best bet; not too expensive and easy to do. There is probably a YouTube video that shows you how to do it. If you plan to have it replaced by a shop, it will be expensive and replacement is a function of your willingness to drive an imperfect car. I’d just keep driving it if it were my car, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

I can’t see too much damage in the photo. If the black portion is a little loose, you might replace some of the plastic clips that hold it on if they’re loose or broken.

Thank you very much to all. I decided to ask how much to repair in store. If that goes too expensive, I think I will just leave with it

2 Likes

Yup. Always the same answers. Leave it. Get an estimate from a body shop and have them do it. Or toolup to do it yourself manual, maybe spray equipment or spray cans. Only the shop can give you a price and only you can decide if it’s worth it.

2 Likes