I have little heat coming from the vents on my 95 Homda Accord

I have a 95 Honda Accord. I cant get the heat to come out…the temp control line snapped a few years ago. I manually turn the valve control to allow flow from under the hood (next to the firewall where this valve is located). I have taken one of the hoses off this valve and there is flow coming from the firewall connection to the control valve. If I depress the defroster button, I obtain a little heat this way. Otherwise, ther is nothing but clod air blowwing out of the vents (and yes, the blower works at all four speeds). What else should I look for? There is plenty of fluid in the radiator.

I’m assuming you didn’t have the “temp control line” repaired.

The temperature control line that broke is connected to flap, or door, inside the HVAC system. This flap controls air temperature by directing air through either the heater core or the AC evaporator, or a blend of the two. This flap is sometimes referred to as the “blend door,” because it can blend hot and cold air to achieve something in between.

I think your blend door is stuck mostly in the cold position, and is directing little or no air through the heater core. Fix the broken connection to the blend door and you should regain control of the air temperature.

I took the hose off the blend door and have set it in the “open” position. (no, I didnt want to pay thru the nose to replace the cable…I here that they (or me) would have to tear the dashboard apart to do this repair. When the cable first broke, I used my hand to move this valve to the open position. Now, I dont get any heat…or very little only when I put on the defroster. Could this be the fuse that controls the heater? Or should I take off both hoses near the top of the firewall and (gently) apply water pressure to blow out any possible clog?

How long since the thermostat was replaced? If more than 6 years it’s suspect.

that was my next guess…thanks! will comment back if this does the trick.

Whats a Homda? If you can’t spell don’t bother working on your own car.

Norm

You might want to give some thought to your own spelling, punctuation and grammar before casting stones regarding that issue.

;-))