I have a hood bolt missing. the one i had needed to be tightened

That is up to the moderator. I gave up with making flags ten years ago, the moderator rarely took action. Seemed like the intent was to allow insults and discouraging new participation, to bring an end to this message board and no longer be a burden on the moderator.

I think one specific thin-skinned individual is the root cause, fwiw

2 Likes

I concur that encouraging new participation here is the key to the forum’s success. We do have one recent new participant here, @Clueless33. Maybe they would chime in on ways to improve the forum experience for new posters. For example, is the main problem off-topic posts, or is it something else?

My opinion is that off-topic isn’t much of an issue as long the original topic is the main focus. It’s very normal for conversation to sway a bit, and knowledge and good information can be found on off-topic issues.

The biggest problem is shaming new members to ask questions. Sure, some questions do make us wonder at times, but it is important to understand that we were all at one point of our lives naive and uneducated about something.

When people are afraid of asking a question in fear of being ridiculed, they won’t ask and they won’t participate; and some times regular members create a ghost account to ask questions so the members of the community won’t know who is asking the question so to avoid being ridiculed and bullied.

Kindness, respect, and patience can do wonders.

1 Like