I live in CT and every car repair I need seems to be twice as expensive as I would anticipate. My latest need is the 60K mile service for my 2003 Hyundai Elantra. I contacted an independent garage first, and was quoted $1150 (including tax). I then contacted my local Hyundai dealer, and was quoted nearly the exact same price, $1165.
Here are the services that would be performed:
- Timing belt change
- Spark plug replacement (platinum coated)
- Oil Change
- Engine Coolant Replacement
- Transmission Fluid Replacement
- Air filter
- Cabin air filter
- Other drive belt replacements
- Rotate and speed balance the tires
- Replace water pump assembly
Does that seem reasonable? I’ve Googled “Elantra 60K service cost” and seen many prices, but not a single one as expensive as mine.