Hurricane Harvey

I wasn’t around when Minnesota was covered by a glacier but I suspect there was a lot of cheering when it melted.

The earth is constantly changing, are there things we an do to minimize the change? probably, sure there were predictions of global cooling in the 70’s due to particulate emissions from cars in part, we changed that, now on the opposite end of the spectrum we are looking at reducing greenhouse gases from cars in part, not saying I want to go back to the smog days, we should do what we can, but a giant volcano has an impact, and I have not gone to an electric vehicle, I support any green idea, oppose climate change deniers, could do more myself, but get discouraged with the absolute refusal by politicians to consider scientific evidence and call it a Chinese hoax.

CERTAIN politicians

ahem . . . :slightly_smiling_face:

Please don’t put them all in the same boat

Most politicians remain on board their party’s agenda boat where it’s mostly grandstanding to various constituencies. Very few have the gumption to stand up and be counted to oppose whatever issue is trending in their party. And somehow Americans have become so consumed with partisan conflicts that they look on their party’s victories as something to cheer regardless how meaningless they are or even how detrimental they are to the country at large.Just remember that the 10% ethanol in gasoline was a political victory.

2 Likes