How to "beat the clamp"

+1 to @bing to redirect the discussion :slightly_smiling_face:

And his attitude is one of the reasons why he is now absolutely detested by many . . . in my opinion

MASSIVE cover-up to protect the attorney general . . . in my opinion

I don’t buy “the story” for one minute

Have there been pictures showing the vehicle and the damage?

If not, that just reconfirms my suspicion that there’s a massive cover-up going on

Seems to me if a vehicle did hit a critter, the remaining evidence on the car would be quite different, versus the car hitting a human being. A deer has fur, a human being doesn’t. Any blood on the vehicle would also be different, under analysis.

My gut feeling says the attorney general was either dui, overmedicated . . . even if it was on legal prescription drugs, the end result is the same . . . or otherwise impaired to the point he shouldn’t have been driving. And I suspect he waited to tell “the story” so that by the time he was available, he would test clean, or at least within legal limits, so to speak

I suspect the vehicle’s being hidden somehow. Either being repaired at a shop, and the shop owner’s been bribed and/or sworn to secrecy. Maybe the vehicle’s quietly been scrapped. Or maybe it’s hidden away in some garage until this all blows over

If I do something like that, I should suffer the consequences. As should any of us

Apparently, that doesn’t apply to some politicians

I’m remembering Ted Kennedy . . . his reckless actions while driving led to a woman dying, and he got away with it clean. And that’s after he fled the scene . . .

I don’t care if a politician’s values align with my own . . . if they do something like this, they get scratched off of my list

Honestly, I’m surprised the South Dakota attorney general’s actions . . . lack thereof, if you actually think about it . . . haven’t garnered greater attention

3 Likes

Maybe you can clarify who you are talking about by “his”? Me, Barky, the AG? Detested or not, after the events of the last couple years, in my opinion it is important to get all the facts first before hanging someone. Some of us are not so quick to judge if you ever drove that road out of Rapid at night, or hit a deer on a dark curvy road. Some times you see them and some times you don’t and they just don’t lay down on the highway waiting to be discovered, they are gone. I’ve probably hit five of them over the years and never called 911 once. There is no need to call 911 for a deer unless there is a road hazard or you are disabled. Maybe he was driving too fast, who knows but the 2 lane limit is 65. I’ll withhold judgement. No comparison to Kennedy who was drunk.

I’m talking about Chris Christie :smirk_cat:

:laughing:

I continue to believe the attorney general was drunk or otherwise physically impaired

Just be because it can no longer be proven he was dui . . . doesn’t mean he wasn’t

I’m free to believe what I want

Yeah I remember that picture, famous now, at the beach. Seems to me everything was closed down during a budget deal or something but not for him. Didn’t get many points for that. Now it’s barber shops and Gyms. Worth a reading of the 1st Amendment though which is pretty clear English that nothing should be closed for 6 months anyway. So I guess I don’t blame them for wanting a hair cut.

I was driving to the MIL’s house one afternoon. They lived in a small country town at the time. I turned a corner on a rural road and in my peripheral vision I saw something move down a hill next to the road quickly, then heard a thump on the side of my car. I stopped about 50 feet later, looked in the rear view mirrors, saw nothing, and drove on. There was no damage, and I guess a fox probably ran into me. The point is that it’s possible to have an incident like this and have no way to know what else was in the incident.

Please note: I am not making excuses for anyone, just saying everyone deserves a chance to explain his side of the story. The incident in SD requires a close look by the local authourities, and I hope it is unbiased. Now, can we move on please? That is a suggestion for everyone.

With all due respect, I don’t think that was a very good comparison

A human being is a lot larger and heavier than even the biggest red fox

I hope it is unbiased . . . but I’m also a realist, and don’t believe it will play out that way

I’d like to stay on this subject

It has to do with cars, and I don’t think whoever’s involved in SD should sweep it under the rug and/or minimize what happened

1 Like

Sigh. Sounded more like the cousin was trying to set it up for a pay off for wrongful death. Not likely to get a pay off like they would in Minneapolis. Accidents happen. Not likely to get swept under the rug like it might in other states though. The Gov. is a straight shooter and sounds like two other states are involved in investigating. So let’s see if there was alcohol, what the pedestrian was wearing, where he was walking, etc.

Edit: Oh I get it now. A republican ran over a democrat so it’s open war just like if the police shoot someone regardless of the circumstances. I assume the AG is a republican. Sheesh.

Opinions will vary

And not everybody will share yours . . . or mine, for that matter

That’s what makes me so upset . . . by the time the attorney general decided to be “concerned” any alcohol that may have been in his system was obviously not there anymore

Still smacks of a MASSIVE coverup to protect the attorney general

Anybody that runs over anybody else should face the consequences . . . politics aside

But that isn’t what seems to be playing out in SD . . . not from what I’ve been reading, for what it’s worth

And I don’t care if the guy that got ran over and killed was “of the opposing party” so to speak

A human life is a human life . . . no ifs ands or buts

I feel there will be no accountability and no justice in this situation

I feel the governor sees this as an inconvenience, which must be swept under the rug. But she also feels she must at least appear to be looking into it properly

2 Likes

Like I said have it your way. You will never be convinced anyway. You know the Governor better than I do, but then you should know she doesn’t hire the AG, the people do. She also doesn’t do police investigations, so not sure why it’s her problem. Let the chips fall.

Did you even bother to watch her and my classmate at Mt. Rushmore before deciding she’s a crook?

That’s besides the point

We can agree on that :smiley:

3 Likes

OK, flag away but look for yourself, who the cousin of the guy who got killed was and the one that wants answers. Says it all.

Dude, what are you talking about . . . ?!

I haven’t flagged anybody in this discussion . . .

It wasn’t me

It was those dang flag police again. The unterhosenbugler. Off topic again. Like I said, I asked to divert away from the topic because I’m usually the one that gets beat up and sure enough, everything else is fine but my comment is off topic. Sorry but the whole dang conversation is off topic and meant to be political.

And that’s one of the things I love about this website . . . that it gets “off topic” and ventures into more enjoyable territory :+1:

I deliberately used parentheses . . . that was no mistake

What in the world wide name of sports is that? Saw your flagged post, was not me but making a political assumption about a guy with a pickup truck getting killed by a guy in a ford sedan coming back from a Republican fundraiser?

You didn’t read your own article. The guy complaining about his dead cousin was a former state representative from the other side.

Yeah a person that irons their under ware.

I asked that we redirect after the first dog whistle but instead we get a food fight.

Yes anyone getting killed is a shame but we have become so quick to jump to conclusions. Nothing like getting tried by the media. Some years ago we had a guy run over a walker one morning and kill her. The walker was on the wrong side of the road and the sun was in the driver’s eyes. The county attorney took the guy apart. Several year trial to prove murder. Tried to prove he was on the cell phone which he wasn’t. Speeding no, and so on. Drove the guy to bankruptcy and finally ended up in appeals court where the DA was shown to be an idiot. It was an accident. It’s just a fact that roads were built for cars and if you are walking, you’d better pay attention and take the ear buds out. Got a new DA out of it.

Like I said before our 16 year old neighbor girl killed a guy on a cycle. Sun was in her eyes. She’s living with that but accidents happen. When two people make a mistake at the same time where one could have avoided it.

Stuff happens. If you are in a small boat, you yield to the bigger boat and stay out of their way. Maybe not fair but that’s how you stay alive. Not many people intentionally run someone over although we had one of those too and he got life.

Unless the weather is bad, Mrs. Triedaq and I walk three miles each morning five days a week. There are no sidewalks in our neighborhood, but we walk on the correct side of the street. These are neighborhood streets with little traffic. However, one bicyclist knocked my wife down. Fortunately, she wasn’t hurt.
To bring this back to the original topic, there are mornings where it would be great to see a clamp.on my walking shoes and I could turn over and go back to sleep.

2 Likes

When you’re walking in a street
it’s safer to walk against traffic. When you’re biking in the street it’s safer to bike with traffic.

Healthy Monadnock Alliance.

2 Likes