How risky is it to buy a craigslist car

I have mentioned many times that so far buying and selling cars on craigslist, I have not had much of any issues as long as I have practiced the usual safety precautions. More recently, people want to communicate through text, which is fine, but I always make sure I talk to them once before meeting them. Due to my job I interact with a wide variety of people so maybe that helps figure the who’s who of the crooks.

Also, lets say you put the ad on autotrader, you think if someone wants to steal your car or kill you, can not search for cars on autotrader?

I bought a lens for the nikon, met in the mall, I did not mind, but was really thinking an attentive security guard might be suspicious of 2 guys exchanging cash and a plastic bag.

wow really this forum is so cool. Thanks to all who posted here I have lots of information gathered in buying a car. Thanks for the tips!

On image #12 you can see the quarter panel is not a different color, for what it’s worth

personally, I would rather buy a 2000 Civic that hasn’t had a modified and lowered suspension installed. For me, this car is actually worth LESS than an unmodified Civic with a more comfortable ride quality

I believe Snap on tools is headquartered in Kenosha. But I don’t know if it’s the same Kenosha where this car is located. Kenosha might be a common name, for all I know.

I agree.

On the color, I can see a definite difference between the door and the rear quarter panel. I can also see a clear misalignment of the door from the rear quarter panel. I’d bet that the car was in an accident severe enough to affect the unibody.

1 Like

yeah, to me it looks like the door is a different color, not the quarter panel.

i’d pass.

Have you guys looked at images #12 and #14 . . . those images look considerably different than the main image

But I’d pass, just the same

I don’t see an image #12 and/or #14. I only see the image posted.

You have to click on the Craigslist ad for all the pictures.

Sorry, but I still see a color difference in #12. I can’t tell anything in #14.

As for #12, the quarter panel at first looked like a different shade, versus the door. Then I noticed that the quarter panel is actually showing the reflection of another car, which makes the quarter panel itself appear darker.

In #14, I can’t see a color difference

What I said is how I interpreted the pictures

I’m not arguing with you, I’m just saying I saw things differently

But I still wouldn’t buy the car :frowning_face:

No problem. We’re simply seeing slight differences in the photos.

1 Like