How much should I sell my aftermarket wheels for?

Most people that buy used will try to beat you up when it comes to cars, I would think wheels would be the same, so ask more then you will take for them and when they offer what you really want then take it, if they offer asking price well then that is more money back in your pocket…
You can ALWAY lower your price, it is really hard to raise it… If you just want $250 each, then ask $299 each… Like said, if you don’t get any hits on them then lower the price… :wink:

2 Likes

They have tires on them but I would not recommend a buyer to use them due to their age. They have plenty of meat on them but they are old.

I have the antilocks for them as well. And these yellow plastic things that go on the car wheels before the rims ( I guess they are called spacers ?I’m not car savvy. I don’t know what they are. ).

EDIT. it seems they are called wheel rings.

No they are not. 19x8 perhaps?

Typo in original post. I’ll edit it.

EBay has quite a few used Vossen wheels listed there. The 22 inch version seems to command a good price.

Maybe you could sell them in exchange for $2200 in food stamps / EBT.

I can’t understand always wanting to buy things new. Something like this doesn’t wear out. In fact, a used part is more reliable since it has been road tested for defects already. If it is cleaned up and looks like it did when it was new, then I would be willing to pay just as much for a used one.

One of my friends was just talked into selling his trailer for $1200 instead of his asking price of $1500.

This literally just happened an hour ago. After arguing back and forth with a bunch of people telling him that he wanted too much for his trailer, he finally settled for $1200. The buyer then listed the trailer for sale on his marketplace page and asking for $2000 for it.

I’m lost for words.

Far worse is when someone does that with a car and the reseller doesn’t disclose the problems with the car that the original seller did.

Never take the original ad off of CL / marketplace when this happens. Update it to say that it was sold. Update your pictures to be the same as the new pictures that the flipper used! Edit the ad to lower the price to what the flipper paid! This will make the flipper mad!

How long was the trailer listed for sale for?

I don’t know but I believe it’s recently.

I’ve never tried selling anything online before or in person. This is all new to me. It’s interesting to me how people use tricks to do these businesses.

There isn’t anything wrong with being a flipper. Sell a car to a dealer for $1200 and they’ll try to sell it for $2000. That’s just how the business works. The flipper is willing to let the trailer sit on his property for a long time. Storage isn’t free.

The issue I have is when the flipper buys an honestly sold item and then conceals the flaws with the item to jack up the price. It’s a difficult problem to solve.

I hear nice, clean wheels and I think newish. Then you say tires are old. What’s the date code? Maybe you put used tires on new wheels. Who knows. Forged Vossen wheels are not cheap. Don’t give them away. I’ve sold 25 wheel/tire sets in 5 yrs. I see all kinds of buyers.

Back in the 90’s when I had my shop, I carried automotive only sized V Belts as they were still popular items back then, they were a private label Gates brand that I paid $2.50 per belt no matter the size, some of the parts houses belts were selling them for $20 + for the larger size… I can only imagine my supplier probably only paid $1 to $1.25 each before selling to me… I remember hm telling me to buy low and sell high…

l
So that is why I recommended asking a higher price then you really want for it…

I have delt with people that will only buy if you give them a discount, you could mark the price up, then give them a discount right back down to the original price and they were happy cause you showed a discount… Then I had people that said if you offered a discount that meant you were to high to begin with and thought you were ripping them off… :rofl:
In business you just have to understand the different demographist you are in…

1 Like

So where is the problem ? The seller agreed to a price - the buyer might not get his asking price but if he does good for him.

1 Like

I understand. The strange thing is that the buyer told my friend his trailer was listed for too much money and argued that it didn’t worth the asking price. Then once he convinced my friend to accept a lower price, he bought it and then listed it for $2000.

That shocked me as a person who doesn’t understand the game.

1 Like

I bought the wheels and tires new for $2,700. I drove on the tires for about 3 years averaging 6-7k miles per year on smooth roads. I then traded the Camry for a Lexus IS and stored away the wheels. They have been inactive for 4 years.

Each used car that you purchased went through the same process, car dealers and salesmen make a living at this.

2 Likes

That doesn’t necessarily mean that the re-seller will get that price.

I suppose that could be one definition for when the manufacturer says they are “Discontinued and Unavailable”

1 Like

Pick a price and list them in line. If they sell, great. If not, lower your price. If you just want to get rid of them, auction them on eBay.

If that’s the case, discontinued items even become more expensive due to its unavailability. When something you want badly but has become discontinued, you are more inclined to pay someone else for theirs, am I right? Take for example the 1996 to 2000 Honda civic Hatchback, or even a car made in the 60s going up for about 150k dollars, and the Honda going for about 10-15k.

My point is: The age of an item does not necessarily lower the price of an expensive item. And negotiators who try to use age in their negotiations won’t convince me to sell an expensive item for way below its value.