How much should I sell my aftermarket wheels for?

Nothing is more satisfying then having someone pull up next to me with there nose stuck up in the air and wanting to show off how much better they are then me and then embarrass them when the light turns green… lol
I get a lot of thumbs up also… But I have built my car for ME, I don’t care if anyone else likes it or not… :wink:

1 Like

Are you sure ?
Can you even find that wheel in that size and model ? Because I can’t

Here they’re.

Those ones don’t fit a 2012 Toyota Camry, wrong bolt pattern.

1 Like

You can call to order from this company although they’re listed as unavailable.

When I was buying these wheels, other bolt patterns were selling for the same price as the Camrys. It was just a matter of finding the bolt pattern that fits my specific vehicle. The bolt patterns didn’t affect the price of the wheels.

But it does affect someone trying to replace the one wheel with curb rash.

How does someone find a replacement for something that is listed as discontinued and unavailable?

Just put them on ToyotaNation. Some idiot “rice racer” will probably buy them at full retail.

2 Likes

By calling the company to order them. They’re only unavailable Temporarily.

And the rash is so small it wouldn’t be worth replacing the wheel for.

Much love coming from your heart there.

Tires? No tires? Good tires? Worn tires?

Just what I would want , an unknown time wait for high priced wheels for a Toyota Camry .

Remember the United States has millions of people in it. Everyone’s wants and desires are different, not identical to yours.

1 Like

Also, May I remind you that there is no reason at all to repair the curb rashes as they not in a state to be repaired. They are on the wheels as a result of gravels on the road from normal driving. They are few ( probably 2 spots and extremely small). The link I provided above is to prove that these wheels continue to be sold for roughly $500 apiece, not for someone to order one to replace a defective one.

I asked for opinions on what prices should I list the wheels for, giving its current condition, not to receive rude and uncalled for comments about my previous Camry.

And lastly, 5x114.3 Bolt pattern isn’t inclusive to Toyota Camry. There are many other cars with 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I could argue the first part. I’ve never rubbed against a curb with my stock wheels let alone more expensive aftermarket ones.

The second part you’re about to find out about. The people that don’t care about blemishes on a high priced wheel are few and far between no matter how minor they appear to you. The whole reason people are interested in high dollar accessories is because they care about how it looks. Regardless, most people turn into the microscope professor when looking at used anything in an effort to get a lower price.

The closer they are priced to full retail, the longer they will take to sell. The reason is simple, the audience shrinks exponentially as the price approaches what they can had for new. Personally, I don’t take chances on anything used unless it has a substantial markdown…

3 Likes

Seems like the forum guide lines DON’T apply to a few members on this forum…

Always Be Civil

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
  • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene, profane, or sexually explicit.
  • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
  • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
  • Stick broadly to cars. Tom and Ray digressed with great comic effect, but they always came back to the subject at hand. Let’s do the same.
3 Likes

I agreed.

So what would you say the price should be ? They’re $499 each new. With tax, they’ll amount to $2,200.

Why not just post something in your ad along the lines of… Make me an offer? Obviously, you’re going to get a bunch of bizarrely-low offers, but you can focus specifically on the higher offers and then make a final decision about who the buyer will be. Just don’t be surprised if your top offers are only $200-250 per wheel.

$250 per wheel would satisfy me as a seller. Thanks for the advice. I’ll do that in my ads.

Too many factors to offer an opinion. A lot depends on how motivated you are to sell them. If you can afford to hang onto them, then you can afford to start higher. The risk is you could turn off people that are reasonably interested. This is the hard part about selling anything, establishing a starting price. Why you see $X OBO.

Good luck, hope you find a good buyer quickly! Bear in mind what they say about compromise, it’s where both parties are equally dissatisfied at the price :wink:

1 Like