What was this seller thinking

This is a real post from Facebook market place, at least the damage is in the picture so the buyer can see what they might get.

I just took them off my ford fusion. Decided to get different ones. $600obo. No low ballers please. Will meet within reason. (dover camden harrington felton magnolia milford) CASH ONLY!!! SELLING AS IS!!!

Either the seller has a bizarre sense of humor, or he has a bizarre sense of values.
Definitely bizarre…

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2: (10 char limit)

1 Like

That’s a magical wheel if it holds air. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

what’s wrong with the wheel? a little polish and it’s just like new. LOL

1 Like

I’ll bet @Scrapyard-John would jump on them for a dollar so he could take them to work lol

2 Likes

"weekend-warrior
what’s wrong with the wheel? a little polish and it’s just like new. LOL
Don’t forget the elbow grease. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

20+ years ago my wife hit a curb in icy weather taking a turn and called to tell me she had continued to work. When she got home I checked it out it looked a lot like this one. And yes I was amazed too.

At least that is one of the more honest posts.

There are three other wheels in the ad, however cheap, aftermarket and of obsolete design are worth scrap value. People want to believe their wheels are worth something like what they paid but this is like cheap used furniture.

3 Likes

At least the seller made a point of showing a closeup of the damaged rim. It does appear that there are three decent rims that might actually be in good condition. Worth $600? Probably not, but the seller will get the idea soon and drop the price again. Eventually they will sell.

That might be perfect for the owner of a Reliant Robin, assuming that the rims are the correct size.

For most other car owners… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I’m going to guess that he would consider me a “low baller” if I made an offer :smile:

3 Likes

If someone has curb rash on their rims they can replace as many as three if the other rims look as good close up as in the photos.

Well, as P. T. Barnum said, “A sucker is born every minute.”

1 Like

You get 4 for $650?..one busted, so really 3, which is $216 each.

3 rims with good tires, you have to buy a 4th, is it that bad of a deal? Or did he keep the other 3 tires…then he’s insane at $650.

Recent Craigslist ad, 4 pickup truck tires, no rims, $400…all 4 tires shot, vehicle had serious alignment issues.