How long will the starter last after the first dreaded clicking and no crank up?

My, what an unusual thread. Two pages in and nobody has asked anything about the vehicke. And only two posts have actually suggested the most important thing…find out what the problem is before throwing parts at it.

I’m astounded.

The saftey switch that csn be fixed via pushing the clutch in all the way is the only way to start my car. So I probably replaced the starter too quickly. I was told THAT was the issue. On a side note, now twice, my car has hit major road bumps and shut off completely from electricity. After popping the hood and messing with the battery connection it starts back up. So yes, the saftey switch in the clutch needs to be pushed in fully to start, and also, I have to finagle the battery when it decided to not connect properly. Someone told me to have the connection looked at, and the wires replaced? Ugh

Clean both contacts, both sides if you can. Some terminals are not crimped and the wire can be taken out and cleaned. Get a copper wire brush and clean the wires and put them back into the terminal, if you can. If you cables have enough slack, you can also put new terminals on.

When it doesn’t start, do this to eliminate at least the ground:

Get a booster cable and use only the black lead. Do not use the red lead.
Put the black lead from the negative battery terminal to a large bare metal piece on the engine. If the car now starts, your ground could be a problem.
Clean both sides, the one on the battery and where ever it goes on the frame.

If putting the booster’s negative cable doesn’t help at all, your positive cable is likely not making good contact somewhere.