How hard is it to replace a motor mount?

Mainly I’m wondering if it’s a reasonable DYI project. and if there’s any tips or advice I should take into account. I can probably enlist someone to help if it requires more than one person. The vehicle in question is a 96 Buick Century. I don’t use it a whole lot, but occasionally lend it out or use for some undesirable task. Anyway, I have to get it to pass inspection, but for obvious reasons I don’t want to drop $300 on a 96 Buick if I can help it.

Thanks

3 Steps

1 Obtain a 96 Buick Service Manual.

2 Read the manual where it has text/photos of engine mount replacement.

3 Using what you learn, knowing your ability/skill level, and assessing whether or not you have access to appropriate tools/equipment, etcetera, decide if it’s a job you should attempt.

CSA

Just looking at the part itself, it looks like an easy job of lifting the motor after removing some nuts. The part is cheap anyway.

Note that you have to lift the engine. That means you have to borrow, rent, or buy an engine hoist. You also need a way to get the hoist to your home or your Buick to the hoist. Can this be done in a heated garage, or will you do it outside? You may want to reconsider if it’s cold.

You should have someone else with you just in case. Any time you get into using shop cranes to lift or support engines, it’s a good idea to have someone close in case something unfortunate happens.