How do I play music for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra on 2011 RAV4 Limited

Hello Community!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra without a 3.5mm jack. How do I play music from it on my 2011 RAV4 Limited? The car has bluetooth that I have paired with my phone but it only connects for calls, not music.

I have looked into bluetooth adapaters but from what I understand, the sound quality will not be great w/o a wired connection from the adapter to the phone.

I will be thankful for any advice on setting up music from my phone to the car.

Toyota didn’t add factory Android Auto or Apple Carplay until about 2016.

I have a 2014. And I bought an aftermarket system with Apple CarPlay.

1 Like

If you want to stick with a wired connection, they make adapters that give you a headphone jack. This article (from a web site that I follow regularly) lists a number of them:

As for the Bluetooth adapter, you might not even notice a quality difference in a noisy listening environment like that. Even if you do, most people would feel the convenience outweighs a minor quality difference.

You may need to enable playing music to your bluetooth device in the phone settings. Here’s one youtube on how to select apps/device output: Galaxy S22/S22+/Ultra: How to Play Media Sound From App You Select on a Separate Audio Device - YouTube

Hmm, cannot say about your S22, my A32 plays anything through Bluetooth connection.
Perhaps you need a new audio system for your car.

Are you able to transfer the music files from the phone to a USB memory stick using a desktop computer, then play the music from that on your car? If so, might be the easiest solution to hi fidelity sound.

Hello community, thank you for the response.

The solution turned out to be quite simple. A USB-C (to the phone) to 3.5 mm jack connector (to the Aux port in the car) did the trick. I bought it for 15 bucks from Auto Trader and am sure one can find cheaper elsewhere.

3 Likes

That is indeed a simple solution. Thanks for the update OP. I would have never guessed a usb to audio jack would work.

I assume your phone doesn’t have a headphone jack, correct?