How Do I Get Rid Of Dashboard Notice?

Got to thinking about your comment while channel surfing. I have over-the-air broadcast service only, no cable tv. 60+ channels for free, so price is good. But much of the programming is 20-60+ years old programs. The one that caught my att’n while channel surfing was titled (I think) “Bachelor Father” . The scene had two young boys (10 years old I’d guess) in the garage, repairing their bicycle. Bike was upside down on cement floor, supported on handlebars and seat, and one of the kids was truing the wheel by tightening/loosening the spokes, spinning the tire to check. This sort of thing was commonplace in Colorado garages when I was 10 years old. Not gonna see that very often these days.

Sound more like Leave it to Beaver.

Yeah, but that show is only on the the morning here. I’d watch it if on at night This show with the two kids fixing a bicycle was very late at night…

Hey! Do you think maybe I’m living in the past? Last night I watched Johnny Carson, followed by Andy Griffith (w/ Barney & Opie) then Hogan’s Heros … lol …

I’m not reading all this but just for fun and to stay somewhat on topic, I had a car that the tpms would come on only when there were passengers in the back seat. The receiver was in the trunk so I figured it was some kind of interference. The dealer didn’t know what to do about it, but said they suppose they could have someone sit in the back seat while they drive it around. I really didn’t care to waste any more of my time with it. We traded at another dealer next time. Yeah it was under warranty.

1 Like

Not an unusual practice, some people want to be assured their park assist or rear cross traffic alert is switched on. You don’t want to learn that it has been switched off after the collision.

@george_san_jose1 you have to catch the Johnny Carson episode with Ed Ames , where they engage in hatchet throwing. It’s called “Frontier Bris”.

Yes, I did get a Tire Gauge. The Tires are fine, I checked. Even Dealership checked it, they said Tires are Fine, “it’s the Technical Wiring which is Malfunctioning.” The Dealership said, “Just Ignore the Warning Sign” Yup, they said this; can you believe it?! I do NOT feel comfortable driving this Car. I will never get a Honda again after this one.

I got a Tire Gauge. The Tires are fine, I checked. Even Dealership checked it, they said Tires are Fine, “it’s the Technical Wiring which is Malfunctioning.” The Dealership said, “Just Ignore the Warning Sign” Yup, they said this; can you believe it?! I do NOT feel comfortable driving this Car. I will never get a Honda again after this one.

I got a Tire Gauge. The Tires are fine, I checked. Even Dealership checked it, they said Tires are Fine, “it’s the Technical Wiring which is Malfunctioning.” The Dealership said, “Just Ignore the Warning Sign” Yup, they said this; can you believe it?! I do NOT feel comfortable driving this Car. I will never get a Honda again after this one.

Were they incapable of producing an estimate of repair? Or was the diagnostic fee above your limit?

You can expect back lash form the volunteer moderators for replying the same response three times.

2 Likes

Is your car still under warranty? If so, elevate the TPMS problem up the corporate chain, instructions are in your owners manual.
You can also try a different Honda dealership.

1 Like

If that is the exact statement then Honda corporation needs to know that . Is this thing still in the factory warranty period . Is there another Honda dealership you can use ? If you do trade the TPMS light will effect your tradin value .

Also all of your replies are seen by everyone so you do not need to reply to each person.

1 Like

The car is 5 years old. The warranty on a Honda is 3 years/36.000 miles.

Now that’s a TPMS curiosity indeed. Maybe the weight supported by the tires affects the tire pressure? If so, someone sitting in back seat could increase the pressure of the back tires, but the same effect, teeter-totter action, might decrease the pressure of the front tires.

Does the weight supported by an air-inflated tire change its pressure? It seems like it would, but not entirely certain. What does physics say?

I don’t believe pressure changes. There was never any change in the reading of the individual tires but the whole thing would go funky showing the system in error. I think it was the receiver but someone else’s issue now. Over ten years ago.

@PatSmith
If you want to turn off ACC and LKAS in your Honda, take a look at:

https://www.dickshillsborohonda.com/manufacturer-information/what-is-honda-sensing/
or

It looks possible to selectively turn off any of the Honda Sensing features (ACC, LKAS, TSR,RDM,CMBS). I don’t have an owner’s manual to see if it’s specified there.

Do realize that turning off the dashboard lights means the features are disabled. Those features do have value, but we all drove fine for many decades without them.

2 Likes

No. No. My car is still under Warrenty so I don’t think they car.

Good point, I need to contact the Honda Corporation. Will plan to do this.

If this is a newer car it should be under warranty. If that’s the case, you should insist that the dealer fix it.

That would only happen if you put them in the trunk. If they’re somewhere between the axles weight will increase on all tires. And there will be a VERY small effect on tire pressure.

1 Like