How Do I Get Rid Of Dashboard Notice?

At home you test tire pressure with the car on the ground. New tire pressure is set when mounted. When vehicle is in for service, not unusual for tire pressure to be checked with vehicle on a lift.
Pressure change, tires on or off the ground in zilch.

There will be a small change with load. I saw a video where a pickup was loaded with scrap, tire pressure off the ground was 44.0 psi, on the ground was 44.5 psi measured a few seconds later with a good digital gauge. He calculated the one tire’s load at about 3000 pounds.

So adding a couple of hundred pounds wouldn’t show up on a gauge, but would have a small effect, a few hundredths of a psi maybe.

Okay, maybe I should have said minor rather that zilch.

“zilch” was close enough, pay no attention to the pedantics

3 Likes

Well, some folks claim load has zero effect. There’s a difference.

At the risk of repeating some responses

1. The green lights show that these Safety Features are on and operational which is good so I’d simply get used to it.
    2 The TPMS is also nice to have but if you use your tire gauge religiously, not particularly critical and.since they’re battery powered tend to give a false positive when the battery wears out from age.
    Check your Warranty, is the TPMS included in the warranty? If so insist that the Dealer get’s off their butt and fix it.
    If not under warranty, you’re close to tire replacement and it’s tolerable, simply include the TPMS work in your next tire change.
1 Like

"Given enough time the noodles probably would absorb water. " So does sheet rock.

1 Like

I was watching a cooking show a few days ago and the host put lasagna noodles in warm water until they were soft enough to bend, then put them into a slow cooker. He loaded four layers of ingredients separated by the limp noodles then finished cooking over several hours in the slow cooker. The noodles weren’t completely cooked and picked up the moisture from the vegetables in the lasagna as it cooked. No more watery lasagna.