How do I find a story?

There was a very nice story about a girl driving her father’s car after the care overheated.

Tom and Ray called the father and the father was very nice.

Hi @westmor was it a segment on the radio show? A podcast recently? someone may remember, but if you can give me more detail perhaps I can find someone who can assist.

Could it be this episode ?
“Christy decides it’s time to 'fess up to her Dad about destroying his car 15 years ago.”
Then Tom and Ray call dad and explain what Christy did

Not sure what show the original airing was from

The part I’m thinking of starts at about 38 minutes into the episode.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. I will find it and send a like to a friend.

You don’t need to find it, just click on it in my previous post, will take you to it.

See, no need to hide stuff from us. We can be very understanding since we were probably there once ourselves. I didn’t think anything of it when I found out some 20 years later that my Riv ended up in the ditch but a nice farmer pulled it out. I never did confess myself about using the radio in the Falcon, or getting the Merc stuck.

I want to find a specific episode of Car Talk or, at least, a specific story that a caller told. I don’t see a search function for the archives. The caller was the manager of a car dealership and a customer had dropped off a car for some work but she left a small dog in the car. Lots of details are missing from my memory but the manager forgot about the dog and the dog died. He called in to ask if anybody knew where he could quickly find a duplicate dog to substitute for the dead dog before he called the customer to pick up her car. Another story I would like to hear again was told by a man who was making a long vacation trip with his family and his mother-in-law in his Suburban when the transmission failed. Is there a way to search for stories like this? I tried Google and got nothing.

Could only find this one

That’s the one I remember

It was just that, a story. Not a bit of truth to it. Funny the first time but got old after 3-4 repeats.

Thank you very much!

| It_s-Me
July 20 |

• | - |

Could only find this one

NPR.org

### #1452: Max and the Schnauzer : The Best of Car Talk

This week on The Best of Car Talk, it’s one of our all-time classic calls, and the shaggiest of shaggy dog stories—Max the mechanic’s heroic attempt to replace his customer’s beloved pet dog. Elsewhere, Major Tom’s Jeep is acclimating to its new home…

More details about the Suburban story are seeping into my consciousness. I now think that it was the caller’s grandmother-in-law who was driving him crazy by back-seat-driving and he imitated her during the call. I think he referred to her as “Granny”. He had transmission questions but, mostly, he just wanted to vent about Granny. Is there no search function for Car Talk Show questions?

Wasn’t the dog already dead? But the shop owner thought it had died while at the shop? That’s how I seem to recall the story anyway.

Yeah, but like I said, it was just a joke, not a real story. Good thing she wasn’t transporting her dead husband.