How bad is this issue on the tire?

Kid sent this photo - rub on the kerb. Apparently is very minor when parking - slow speed.
Tire is from Firestone. It does not leak air.
Does it to be attended to?
How does prorate work with Firestone in your experience?

I dunno. Doesn’t look that bad but it is a cut and will be a weak spot. Depends how old the tires are but if fwd you replace in pairs at least not just one. Gonna need a new hub cap too. I’ve replaced them in the yellow before just because it had a patch and winter coming.

1 Like

As long as none of the cords were cut, it should be okay.

But I would seal the cut with something like this.

Tester

2 Likes

That looks like more than a bit of curb rub. I’d take it to a local, independent tire shop that has a good reputation to have it checked out. (I.e. like not a Firestone location, although some of them might be good depending on who is running the show and how.)

1 Like

Destination LE3??

If at a Firestone store location the road hazard replacement is based off of tread depth (if needed), 20% worn, 80% off price of tire, 50% worn then 1/2 off the new tire down to 2/32" etc etc… No charge for the install/balance, but you do have to pay for the new road hazard plus the tire disposal fee and state tax… If you bought it elsewhere then it is however that shop does it…