Horn and radio problem on a 1989 Buick LeSabre

My horn and radio do not work on my 1989 Buick LeSabre. I noticed that the fuse that takes care of these two items was blown, but when I kept trying to replace it with new ones, they’d blow out immediately. This, I have been told, means a short somewhere. Does anyone know of anywhere I could get a schematic (preferably free of charge) that shows how the horn is wired electrically? Or, is there anything else it could be? I need the car for work but it won’t pass state inspection without a horn.

Check with your local library. Some have free access to the ALLDATA web site. Here you’ll be able to aquire an accurate wiring diagram for these circuits and print it out.

Tester

Autozone has a repair guide for your car, here’s a link to the wiring diagrams.

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/15/ec/20/0900823d8015ec20/repairInfoPages.htm

Good luck,

Ed B.

Disconnect both the radio and the horn, then see if the fuse still blows. If not, try plugging the horn back in and if that doesn’t blow the fuse, the problem is in the radio. If the fuse blows when both are disconnected, then you have a job of tracing the wiring harness to find where it is shorting to ground . . .

Good luck. I’m betting on the radio, by the way.