Honda Odyssey 2007 sliding side door popping

We have had this problem for about two years now. We finally took the car to the dealership and they, without being able to duplicate it, recommended to change the sliding door roller for the price tag of $375. We did and it did not fix the problem. We took it back few times and the popping noise did not take place while there and left the dealership without a solution. We finally took it back today armed with a video on my iPhone displaying the problem (popping audio included). We left it with them and lo and behold they said that they were now able to duplicate the problem and they are able to fix it by replacing not not, not two but three latches for the price tag of $800. What a deal! I was not happy, to say the least. I ask them not to touch the car and took the manager’s name to call him later. I am planning on going back there and fight for my $375 dollars back that I already spent on a non working solution. Any advice?

I would ask for the $375 dollars to be deducted from my $800 bill.

That is sound advice. Give them a carrot. But before you agree to latch replacement, ask them why they think the latches meed to be replaced. After all, they offered a faulty diagnosis before. If you don’t get a satisfactory explanation from the service advisor, ask the service manager for the explanation.

Here is a list of all the parts inside the sliding door. I don’t see why, other than labor how this would cost $800 to fix. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ODYSSEY&catcgry2=2007&catcgry3=5DR+EXL&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=SLIDE+DOOR+PANEL