Honda Odyssey, 135K+ miles.
Needs a new FRONT wiper motor installed.
Dealer wants almost $400 for the part, $350 to install it… so yeah, I am doing it myself if it costs me a finger.
Bought a used motor from a junk yard for $60.
Want to save even more money by not buying a Haynes manual…
now, your turn… tell me how to do it… GO!
- Open hood.
- Remove cap nuts from wiper arms and remove wiper arms.
- Remove hood seal/air scoop by prying off clips and removing screws.
- Unplug wiper motor
- Remove bolts/nuts from wiper linkage assembly.
- Scribe a reference line across link/wiper linkage for reassembly.
- Remove three mounting bolts for the wiper motor and separate wiper linkage.
- Remove wiper motor.
sounds too easy. I will try it and come back later to tell you all the new curse words I came up with.
Oh my gosh… it was too easy…
Bought a used part on ebay for $70 (Honda wanted almost $400 for it new) and installed it in like 2 hours (Honda wanted about $350 to install it).
I didn’t want to spend another $20 on a Haynes manual for my Ody so I looked up how to replace the wiper motor in my 2003 Accord Haynes manual… t worked!@