Honda Oddessy Brakes

One 2 different occasion, I have heard, what sounds like metal against metal when I apply the brakes. It appears when the car sits (cools down) the sound goes away. I looked at the rotors and there appears no marks. The first time it happen, my wife took the car into the dealership the next day and they could not fine anything wrong. This is strange. Any ideas or thoughts out there??

You MAY have a worn wheel bearing causing the noise when you apply brake pressure.

Thank you. I will look into that .

I don’t know if this TSB describes your problem, but it did for my 2005 Odyssey. Problem went away after a few thousand miles. I never took it to the dealer because it happened so infrequently and it never felt like I wasn’t stopping.

Component Description:
22. SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC Bulletin Number: 08012005
Bulletin Date: AUG 2005

Vehicle: 2005 Honda Odyssey
Summary:
GRINDING OR GROWLING WHEN BRAKING AT LOW SPEEDS. HONDA SERVICENEWS. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10018008 )

It appears when the car sits (cools down) the sound goes away.

This sentance is worded incorrectly so it is difficult to understand it. But, if it makes the grinding noise in the morning and goes away, when it sits overnight then that is very normal and after 2 - 3 applications of the brakes the surface rust of the metallic pads and rotors is worn off.