Honda accord

I have a 1999 honda accord with a 2.3L vtec engine with about 60k. The transmission (automatic) and everything else is about 112k. I have been looking into my problem and I’ve noticed that people are having the same problem. I know the accords from like 98-02 have the same transmissions and I called honda but like usual they failed to help me. My car drives fine and shifts fine but when I start the car and shit to drive it clunks and the car kicks. The same problem is happening when I slow down and come to a stop the car kicks rather hard. Has anyone had this problem or know how I can fix it? Hope I’m not needing to replace the transmission.

Listen for clicking or clunking when you take corners or just check you CV joint boots for cuts or tears.

Before condemning the transmission I would suggest that the engine/trans mounts be inspected and attention paid to the idle speed and/or return to idle from elevated RPMs.

If the idle is too high that can affect the transmission downshifting as can a sticky throttle plate in the throttle body.

If this is the transmission itself then I would suggest a reputable independent transmission shop and have them take a look at it.

As to Honda they are under no obligation to warranty a transmission on a 16 year old car and especially so if the transmission has not been serviced regularly.

Is the Check Engine light on?

Tester

Like ok4450, the first thing I would do is to check the transmission mounts.

I might proofread the original post…

^
Perhaps it was a Freudian slip representing his true feelings about the car.

;-))