Honda Accord Transmission

I have a 2004 Honda Accord with 124,000 miles and automatic transmission. When I accelerate and the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at slow speeds the car vibrates a little and it seems like the transmission slips. When I accelerate quickly, it seems like its okay and when i have it in D3 it is okay also no matter whether i accelerate fast or slowly.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and any suggestions on what I can do or what it will cost to fix? Thanks

Doug

You haven’t really described anything well enough for anyone to begin doing anything beyond wild guessing.

The best I would venture to say is that you should make sure that all of the basics are in good order/up to date - spark plugs/wires, air/fuel filters, fluids. The state of these things should be reported to get better feedback.

As far as the fluids go, what is the service history of the transmission? (In very specific terms - methods/mileage). Has the fluid at least been checked for level/color/odor? There is some possibility that what you are trying to describe is torque converter clutch shudder, but based on what’s been said I’d give that no better odds than a bad spark plug or fuel filter.

What you are experiencing is called “Stack shifting” I would get a scanner on it and monitor the TPS, speed sensor, and all transmission related “Live data” They should be able to find the problem there.

transman