Help with 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

Hi All,

New to the forum, but have been listening to Car Talk for a while. I thought that maybe the forum would be able to help me with an issue.

We have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Over the last year, there has been a humming noise that comes out of the front passenger side under the dashboard. This humming noise starts when the car is in motion (above say 5mph) and then lasts presumably at highway speeds but the road noise sort of block it out. When we come to a stop, the humming noise persists about 5 seconds after we come to a complete stop and then goes away. I checked the tire and it’s not rubbing anything and tire pressures are even. We had the tires rotated but the noise still comes from the front passenger side. We had a wheel alignment and the noise still persists. There are no issues with steering or braking.

I think it’s probably related to the strut or suspension system? Is there a pump in the area? It’s been a year and we’ve sort of gotten used to the noise, and nothing’s broken. What do you guys think? Thanks again.

-Confused in RI.

Could it be the sound of a radiator fan?