Help. What the next step

you want to drain the fuel tank . . . ?!

I think it’s best to just write off the whole thing, including whatever fuel’s in the tank

A guy I know used to drive a Chevette. This was obviously quite awhile back. Anyways, when it came time to junk the car, it had a full tank of gas. He was a little upset about that, but I told him to just let it go . . .

If you really like this van, it’s worth the time and effort. If it’s just a “beater car” to you, then I’d save my time, money, and effort. You will spend more on parts and materials than this van is worth, even if someone gives you a running motor for free. Again, if you really like this model, that’s ok; if not, time to move on.

I can tell you that as a novice, I pulled the motor and transmission from a FWD car (Plymouth Sundance) back in the spring, with just a floor jack, jack stands, and a Harbor Freight hydraulic engine lift. The motor and transmission came out the top, once everything was disconnected.

Within a few weeks, when my work slows down for the mild weather, I’m planning to get back into the project. I am looking forward to getting the Sundance running again, it really was a great car compared to other models I see today.

I’m glad you’re so excited about the project :smiley:

But what are these “other models” which you seem to be disparaging . . . ?! :thinking:

You’ve really got my attention . . . because I’ve never heard anybody talk so affectionately about a Plymouth Sundance :neutral_face:

What in the world are you comparing that Sundance to ?

What makes you think a $300 used engine will be any better than the one in there now?

1 Like

I dont know. I taken the general consensus and am going to scrap after stripping down just for the experience.
I removed the fuel and oil. Plan to opeb engine up tomorrow