Help my '98 camry and me, pleeze!

ABOUT 1 YEAR AGO I HAD A NEW GAS TANK INSTALLED. EVER SINCE WHEN FILLING UP THE GAS TANK, IT SPUTTERS, MISSES, STALLS FOR THE FIRST MILES. ANY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS !!!

98 CAMRY PROBLEM SHOULD HAVE READ FOR THE FIRST 15 MILES THEN ALL IS WELL…

What happens if you don’t completely fill the gas tank? If your sputtering problem doesn’t occur, then it is probably in the purge canister.

When you fill the tank, are you trying to see how much fuel you can squeeze into the tank? This is a bad practice and leads to problems with the purge canister.

HMM, THE PURGE CANISTER(WHERE IS IT IN THE FUEL TANK?), YOU ARE RIGHT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN UNLESS I FILL IT UP, I USUALLY FILL IT TILL THE PUMP SHUTS OFF THE SND TIME !!!

The purge canister is in the engine compartment. Gasoline tanks in cars at least as far back as the 1970’s do not vent the tank to the atmosphere. My 1971 Ford Maverick had a purge canister. The vent goes to this purge canister in the engine compartment. When the engine is running, the fumes are sucked into the engine and burned rather than poluting the atmosphere. When the pump clicks off the first time, that is enough fuel. On some cars you may even trip the check engine light if you overfill the tank.

TO TRIEDAQ, THANKS FOR THE HELP ON MY '98 CAMRY, I WILL TALK TO MY MECHANIC AND GET HIM TO CHECK AND REPLACE IT IF IT SOUNDS FESIBLE TO HIM…KUDOS TO YOU FOR YOUR OBSERVATION, AND YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE TO REPLY AS OF NOW…BOB

sounds like you got crap in your tank