Help! Is it a loss?!

I think the majority would like to see people post complete sentences instead of smiley faces and poop symbols.

From the community guide lines;

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
Don’t post no-content replies.
Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

The quick volleying of short quips doesn’t play well on this forum as it did on the original Rant and Rave era of Car Talk and that’s a shame. It was a lot of fun. But like so many fun things there are a few people who are determined to trash it. When a really interesting topic got fired up there were few messages beyond the subject line so everyone punctuated their subject line entry with NM meaning no message.

2 Likes

offset front hit. too bad you didn’t hit him square. than the load would have been spread more evenly over front of car. same vein of thought, a guy in a pickup got hit in the door and died. if he would have turned directly into oncoming car his odds of survival would have gone way up since his big old massive truck would have absorbed the impact better.

Well I’m not having any better day than anyone else but all you have to do is type “10 character limit” after your short response and you’re home free.

I am guilty myself of answering someone but not saying who I’m answering so it can get a little confusing.

Back to grammar. In the Minneapolis paper yesterday they had a headline “Your . . . something or other”. They meant you are which should have been “You’re” at least. If I were the editor it would either be “You’re fired” or “You’re going back to a remedial English class”.

:eyeglasses:

Emoticon 11 characters worked solo. Have you any update on the car?

Adjuster just called and said already there is $15,000 in damages and he hasn’t even taken it to the body shop!

looks pretty close to a total so far!

In that case, I am HAPPY to be in the minority

Here you go

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hamburger:

Well, it IS getting close to dinner time :yum:

To keep it auto-related . . . I often drive to a local Thai restaurant, to pick up dinner. The food is decent, but the strip mall it’s located at is kind of nasty. Wouldn’t want to actually sit down and eat there. Whoever owns the strip mall is not doing a good job keeping up appearances.