Had starter replaced, now engine is leaking something

I recently had the starter replaced on my 2005 Toyota Camry. Now I’ve notced a small amount of brown liquid has begun to accumulate under the car on the garage floor. Perhaps oil? Any ideas as to what might have happened?

It is very likely that nothing has happened as a result of the starter replacement.
The leak is probably just coincidental to the starter replacement.

I would advise you to check the levels of all of your fluids, and then report back to us regarding exactly which fluid is leaking. And, if you decide to not pursue repair of the leak right away, you will need to monitor the fluids every day or so.

Sure I’ll guess, starter motor replacement had nothing to do with your current problem. One could hope for leaking valve cover gaskets.

Wow! What an incredibly fast reply! Thank You! I’ll check the levels.

Thanks Waterboy. It seems like a strange co-incidence. I’m hoping they forgot to tighten something or hook something back up. I’m heading out to check my fluid levels now.

The amount of Oil leaking will probably not even register on the dipstick, but you can hopefully follow the drip trail to the source.

Well, it turns out I have a leaky valve cover. You were both right, it was completely unrelated to the starter replacement. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the update, updates are always appreciated.